The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth is expected to be a servant leader. He/she is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies incumbent of a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He/she is also expected to demonstrate a servant spirit as a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth shall experience a genuine call of God to pastor a segment of a multicultural Christian Reformed Church in San Francisco, and be a member of the Pastoral Team under the leadership of the Senior Pastor. He/she shall espouse a life consisting of faithful prayer, preaching God’s word, equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry, and calling sinners to a life in Christ.
San Francisco, CA
To provide spiritual leadership to the children and youth groups through teaching, ministering, shepherding, and equipping them to carry out the mission of the church.
Work with the Senior Pastor/Pastoral Team in overseeing the body of Christ, with specific focus on the children and youth groups. Function as a member of the Pastoral Team, with direct responsibility to the Senior Pastor and be accountable to the Council.
Spiritual – (Based on Scripture and in accordance with our Church constitution and by-laws):
- He/she must be qualified as a spiritual leader of the Church, working closely with the Pastoral Team in shepherding, teaching, and equipping believers.
- He/she must subscribe to the Doctrine and Statement of Faith of GGCC.
- He/she must possess spiritual maturity which will reflect in his/her teaching ministry, personal character, family testimony, example to the flock, and reputation outside of the church community.
- A passion for, and a demonstrated sensitivity to, the multicultural community. Within that context, focus on shepherding the children and youth groups.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Master of Divinity from an accredited theological seminary preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years as a pastor in North America or equivalent preferred.
- Christian Reformed Church (CRC) ordained minister/pastor preferred.
- If not CRC ordained, the candidate must affirm reformed theology and seek CRC ordination upon acceptance of position. For additional details refer to Articles 6-8 and Articles 23-24 respectively of the CRC Church Order available at: https://www.crcna.org/synodresources.
- U.S. Citizen, permanent legal resident, or prove legal status/right to work in the U.S., preferred.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth will, together with the Pastoral Team, lead the elders, deacons, and lay leaders of the church in carrying out the mission of the entire church. He/she and the Senior Pastor will work together to oversee and promote sound, balanced programs that are aligned with the mission of the church for the children and youth groups.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth along with the Senior Pastor/Pastoral Team will guide, teach, nurture, challenge, and stimulate spiritual growth and maturity in the lives of the children and youth group members.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth will work with the Senior Pastor to equip members of the elders, deacons, and lay ministers to provide pastoral care to the children and youth groups and outreach to the community.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth will preach and teach the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth and the Senior Pastor will work together to oversee the responsibilities of other lay leaders as it pertains to the children and youth groups. He/she will provide mentoring and guidance to these leaders.
The Associate Pastor of Children and Youth will administer sacraments according to CRC church order for the Lord’s Supper and baptism.